FREE Shipping For Wallpaper - US
We understand that one of the most common questions our customers have is how to determine the right quantity of pre-pasted or peel-and-stick wallpaper they need for their projects. Fortunately, calculating this is a straightforward process, and we're here to guide you through it. Ensuring you have just the right amount of wallpaper can save you both time and money, making your decorating journey hassle-free.
Ordering a Test Swatch of Wallpaper
We always recommend ordering a sample to ensure the wallpaper type, color, and scale meet your expectations. It is also wise to install this Test Swatch, waiting a full 24 hours after installation to be certain it adheres correctly, before placing your larger order.
Calculate twice, buy once
Step 1: Determine the Length of Rolls Needed
Our wallpapers are available in rolls that are 24 inches wide and come in three different lengths: 3 feet, 6 feet, 9 feet, and 12 feet. To get started, you'll need to know the width and height of each wall you plan to cover separately.
If the height of your wall doesn't exactly match one of our standard lengths (3ft, 6ft, 9ft or 12ft), you'll want to round up to the nearest length. For example, if your wall height measures 8 feet 5 inches, you should round up to 9 feet.
Step 2: Determine the Number of Rolls Required for the Wall
Now, it's time to calculate how many rolls you'll need for each individual wall. Here's how to do it:
- If your measurement is in inches, divide it by 24.
- If your measurement is in feet, divide it by 2.
In the event that your calculations result in a fractional value, always round up to the nearest whole number.
Step 3: Repeat the Process for Each Wall
If you're covering multiple walls, simply repeat the process for each one separately.
Here are a few crucial points to keep in mind:
- Pattern Alignment: Wallpaper is printed from the bottom up, so it's advisable to order rolls of the same length for a seamless pattern alignment. The exception is if your pattern has a repeat height of 12 inches.
- Ignoring Windows and Doors: When measuring and calculating, it's best to ignore any windows and doors to ensure that the pattern aligns and repeats seamlessly.
- Avoiding Varying Lengths: While some may attempt to save money by ordering varying lengths or making exceptions for windows and doors, it's not advisable. Doing so can lead to pattern misalignment and potential headaches during installation, as mentioned in point #1.
By following these simple steps and considerations, you can confidently calculate the quantity of Spoonflower's removable wallpaper you need for your project. Ensuring you have the right amount not only saves you from headaches during installation but also guarantees a beautifully finished wall that brings your vision to life. Happy decorating!